OFWs this is an SSS benefit that you should check out especially if you still don’t own a house. But before you check how to apply for OFW housing loan by SSS, check here first for the borrower eligibility requirements.
Now, if you meet all the eligibility requirements of this housing loan program tailored fit for OFWs, the next step is to gather all the required documents so you can apply to SSS.
Filing of application can be done at the nearest SSS cluster branch or at the Housing and Business Loans Department, 5/F, SSS Bldg., East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City.
Prepare the following documents and submit them to SSS to avail of the housing loan for OFWs.
- Submit original copy of the following papers:
- Mortgagor’s Application for Housing Loan with 1” x 1” ID pictures of Principal Applicant and Spouse.
- Certificate of Loan Eligibility (CLE) – ( There is a Php 100 Service Fee for this.)
- Certification from POEA / DOLE / OWWA / SSS Foreign Representative Office or Philippine Embassy /Consular Office that you are a legitimate OFW.
- Deed of Sale or Contract to Sell with statement of latest balance for purchase of lot or house and lot.
- Appraisal Report from Home Guaranty Corporation accredited appraisal companies.
- Certificate of Acceptance and Occupancy duly signed by the borrower if house is 100% complete at the time of loan filing
- Duly notarized Special Power of Attorney (This is needed if you are filing through a representative).
- Original and Photocopy of the following:
- Latest Contract of Employment and latest Employer’s Certification duly authenticated by Philippine Consulate.
- Owner’s copy of the TCT / OCT / CCT.
- Certified true copy of TCT / OCT / CCT issued by the Register of Deeds.
- Latest Property Tax Declaration and Realty Tax Receipt.
- Other documents:
- Submit a lot plan with vicinity map duly signed and sealed by Registered Surveyor or Geodetic Engineer (Blue Print).
- Building plans / specifications / picture of the house (Blue Print)
- A set of twelve (12) postdated checks covering twelve (12) monthly installments and shall be repeated every twelve (12) months thereafter until the SSS Housing Loan for OFW is fully paid.
- Tax Mapping/Subdivision Plan.
- Affidavit of Undertaking to continue paying monthly SSS premium contributions for the duration of housing loan.
- You must present original and submit one (1) photocopy of required documents for authentication purposes.
- You as the applicant and your spouse must be up-to-date in the payment of all existing loan accounts with SSS subject to verification by the SSS like salary loan, calamity loan, multi-purpose loan, etc.
- You must pay the Application Fee which is ½ of 1% of loan amount or P500 whichever is higher but not to exceed P3,000.00 to be deducted from the first loan release.
- You must pay the Inspection Fee which is P500 for both within and outside Metro Manila.
- Please note that SSS reserves the right to require additional documents if deemed necessary.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCE: Know how much you can loan from SSS in constructing or buying a new house, the rate and terms of the loan, manners of payment etc.
There are lots of housing loan targeting OFWs. If you are planning to buy a home but need financing, check this offer by SSS first and compare it with bank housing loan, PAG-Ibig housing loan, etc.
Don’t miss this chance mga kababayang OFWs!
To get more info regarding the SSS OFW Housing Loan, you can visit the SSS Housing and Business Loans Department with address at 5th Floor, SSS Main Building, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City. You can also reach out to SSS by calling them at telephone number (02) 920 6401 local 5121 to 5127. You can also email SSS for queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.