Are you an OFW? A Filipino National but is now a citizen of another country? Buy a home now through SSS Housing Loan Program for Overseas Filipino Workers for your family. Check how to apply!
The goal of this SSS OFW housing loan is to support the Philippine Government’s shelter program aiming to provide socialized and low-cost housing to overseas Filipino contract workers like yourself or your family member working abroad.
But take note that not every OFW are qualified to avail of the SSS housing loan. Only those who will meet the following Eligibility Requirements:
- You must be a Certified Overseas Filipino Worker or OFW to avail of the SSS Housing Program.
*You are currently deployed with a contract processed through the POEA or authenticated by the Embassy abroad.
*You have an employment contract which is awaiting renewal/deployment. Take note that release of the SSS OFW housing loan shall be made upon renewal/employment overseas.
* You are a Filipino national but who is now a citizen or immigrant of a foreign country but you are still interested in buying a housing unit for your family who still resides in the country.
You are a long-term resident overseas Filipinos who wishes to avail of the SSS housing packages either for yourself when you retire or when you visit the Philippines and/or for your extended families.
- You are a voluntary OFW member of SSS and is still paying the monthly premium.
- You have made at least 36 months’ contribution and 24 continuous contributions in the period prior to application.
- You are 60 years old and below at the time of application and must be insurable.
- You must not have any previous SSS housing loan.
- You must not have been granted final SSS benefits.
- You and your spouse must be updated in the payment of both your SSS loan (salary, multi-purpose, calamity, etc).
*If your spouse is not a member of SSS, then only you are required to be updated in payment of any existing SSS loan you may have.
*For those who doesn’t have existing SSS loan of any type, ignore #7 requirement.
***The spouses of an existing borrower may still qualify for an SSS housing loan if the loan of the existing borrower was obtained prior to the date of marriage and the loan is not delinquent.
SSS HOUSING LOAN PURPOSE
You can be approved for SSS OFW Housing Loan if you will use the loan proceeds or amount to do any of the following:
To build a new house on a lot owned by the applicant free from lien/encumbrances.
To purchase a lot and then constructing on the same lot a new house.
To purchase an existing residential unit which may be a house and lot, a condominium unit or a townhouse.
SSS OFW Housing Loan Requirements
If you meet the eligibility criteria outlined above, next step is to check and prepare the loan requirements so you can begin processing your SSS OFW HOUSING LOAN. This is how you apply to this SSS OFW loan program.
Read the SSS Housing Loan application requirements and documents for submission.
Wag palampasin ang pagkakataong makapundar ng bahay para sayo at sa pamilya mo!
For more information about the SSS Housing Loan for OFW, you can visit the SSS Housing and Business Loans Department with address at 5th Floor, SSS Main Building, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City. You can also reach out to SSS by calling them at telephone number (02) 920 6401 local 5121 to 5127. You can also email SSS for queries at email@example.com.