An iSensey Team member went to the Bank of the Philippine Islands today to ask for the list of BPI basic requirements to open a bank account and we are sharing the list.
These are the basic documentary requirements for account opening, be it savings or current account, or investments account. This list does not include yet the minimum amount required to open a specific account like for ATM savings, regular passbook, Pamana savings, BPI Maxi Saver, Saver’s Plus Saving account, etc.
BPI Basic Requirement for Account Opening
1. ANY OF THE FOLLOWING VALID IDs:
• Passport (including those issued by Foreign Governments)
• Driver’s License
• Social Security Systems (SSS) ID or SSS UMID
• Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
• Governmental Service and Insurance (GSIS) e-Card
• Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA)/OFS ID
• Seaman’s Book
• Alien Certification of Registration (ACR) / Immigrant Certificate of Registration
• Government Office and GOCC ID (e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines, Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) IDs
• Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
• IDs issued by an official foreign authority (e.g. foreign passport, foreign driver’s license, etc.)
• For Students: School ID duly signed by the principal or head of school & Current Study Load
• For Non-Philippine Residents: Similar ID issued by the foreign government (e.g. foreign passport, foreign drivers license) where the customer is a resident or a citizen & Bank Certification from Foreign Bank
2. ONE (1) 1×1 ID PICTURE
3. PROOF OF BILLING (e.g. Water, Electric, Internet, Other Utility Bills)
4. TIN & SSS No.
If you do not have a TIN yet, go to the BIR and apply for a TIN, under the reason why you are applying for a TIN, put in that TIN is required to open a bank account in BPI.
For those with no SSS numbers yet, you may apply online, register a new account at the SSS website.
Take note that TIN and SSS numbers that will be issued under your name are for life. They will not change even if you will transfer from one company to the next.
Note: This bank opening requirement list for BPI is updated as of September 6, 2022. However, take note that the bank may request additional proof of Identity if deemed necessary.