Are you an OFW or a Filipino residing abroad? Join Philhealth and enjoy the medicard benefits offered to members and their qualified dependents. Expanded Benefits na!
If you are an overseas Filipino or a landbased or seabased OFW, apply to Philhealth, become an active member, and get medical and hospitalization coverage. The benefits you enjoy is also extended to your qualified dependents.
Philhealth program for OFWs now offers EXPANDED BENEFITS together with OWWA.
OFW Philhealth Benefits
These are the benefits that overseas based Filipinos members and qualified dependents are entitled to:
- Inpatient Benefits
- Outpatient Benefits
- Z Benefits
- MDG-Related Benefits
**iSensey will be sharing separate articles that will cover the different types of Philhealth benefits. Please watch out for it.
OFW PHILHEALTH BENEFICIARIES
If you are an active member you and your dependents can avail of the hospital confinement benefits and out-patient surgeries while in the Philippines. So if you get hospitalized while vacationing in the Philippines, you are covered. If your qualified dependents get sick whether or not you are in the Philippines or working abroad, your dependent can avail of the Philhealth hospitalization coverage.
How to file claim when confine in the Philippines: Completely and properly fill up the Philhealth Claim Form 1 and submit this to the Billing section of the Philippine based hospital where you or your qualified dependents are confined.
Philhealth Form is downloadable, link on the bottom of the post. It’s the same claim form that needs to be filled-up for hospitalization in the country and outside the country.
Now, if you get sick and is confine in a hospital abroad, you can still avail of Philhealth coverage through reimbursement system. Pay your hospital bills first, then you have 180 days after your hospital confinement to process your Philhealth documents for your claim reimbursement. Your hospital expenses will be covered up to the allowable payment for your particular case.
How to file claim when you are confine abroad: You need to send the following documents via overseas courier or via electronic mail (email) to the Philhealth Regional Office or local branch of Philhealth nearest your place of residence in the Philippines. You must do this within 180 days after you got discharge from the hospital abroad.
- Submit Medical Abstract or medical records written in English. If you do not have this, the alternative is submitting a copy of Medical Certificate which indicates the final diagnosis, confinement period, and all medical services rendered.
- Submit a copy of the operative record in English for those who underwent operation or surgery.
- Submit Statement of Account
- Properly filled-out Philhealth Claim Form 1. This form is available for download.
HOW CAN OFW AVAIL of PHILHEALTH BENEFITS
For Overseas Filipinos who wish to avail of the Philhealth benefits, you should meet this criteria:
- The availment period falls within the validity period of the Overseas Filipino coverage.
- The 45-days limit per year for hospital room and board allowance has not been used up.
- For OFs and dependents who will be confined in a hospital in the Philippines – the hospital must be accredited by Philhealth.
LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP FOR OVERSEAS FILIPINOS
You can even be entitled to Philhealth Lifetime Membership once you have reached the age of retirement and at the same time you have made at least 120 months of contributions.
Be protected by Philhealth. Become a member, register to Philhealth you can do it online. Or visit the nearest branch and apply for membership before you fly out to the country where you will work.
SHARE this post to our dear OFWs!