If you want to apply and join the Philippine National Police, you must meet the following qualifications and eligibility requirements set by the PNP.
The entry level for non-commissioned officers is the rank of Police Officer 1. The PNP will only consider accepting new personnel to the organization if he/she possess the minimum qualifications listed below.
*You must be a citizen of the Philippines;
* You are a person of good moral conduct;
* You must have passed the following tests to be administered by the PNP or by any NAPOLCOM accredited government hospital for determining physical and mental health;
- Psychiatric/Psychological Test
- Drug Test
- Physical Tests
* You must possess a formal baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution of learning college or university;
* You must be eligible in accordance with the standards set by NAPOLCOM;
* You must not have been dishonorably discharged from military employment or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government;
* You must not be convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
* Height Requirement: You must meet the minimum height qualification which are:
- For Male, a minimum height 5’4”
- For Female, a minimum height 5’2”
* You must weigh not more or less than five kilograms (5 kgs) from the standard weight corresponding to your height, age, and sex; and
* For new PNP applicants, you must not be less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age.
Eligibility Requirement to get into PNP
Aside from the requirements previously listed, you must have successfully passed any one of the following examinations to be eligible to apply to the Philippine National Police.
* CSP Career Service Professional
* PO1 NAPOLCOM Examination (PNP Entrance Exam)
* RA 1080 (Bar and Board Examination)
*RA 6506 (Board of Criminologist)
* PD 907 – Presidential Decree 907 (Civil Service Eligibility for College Honor Graduates)
* PD 997 – Presidential Decree 997 (Conferring Civil Service Eligibilities on Scientific and Technological Specialist on the Basis of their Qualifications and the Requirements of Public Service)
All documents that you will submit must be authenticated by appropriate authorities. Waivers for age, height and weight are also allowed and available to those belonging to the cultural minorities as provided for under RA 6975 as amended by RA 8551.
If you meet all the requirements, you can download online the PNP PO1 Recruitment Application Form so you can start your application process as a Police Officer 1. You can also download and print the form direct from the PNP website.
When the form loads, click on the Download icon to download, see our sample screenshot.
PNP conducted 2 cycles of PO1 Recruitment Program for CY 2016 . The first cycle was the PO1 Recruitment Program with 10,000 nationwide quota. The second cycle was the PO1 Attrition Recruitment Program, the oath taking for the 2nd cycle successful applicants is this coming November 15, 2016.
iSensey aims to share info on the next round of PNP PO1 recruitment schedules and cycles as well as the quota for the upcoming PO1 Recruitment Program for 2017. Once we learn the needed info, we will share it right away with our readers. Follow us on Facebook for new post updates.
Where to submit application for PNP recruitment?
Applicants who possess the required qualifications may submit the filled-up application form with 2×2 ID picture at the PNP Recruitment and Selection Section, Office of the Regional Personnel and Human Resource Development Division for initial screening.
Those who successfully passed the initial screening will proceed to the following stages of PNP recruitment process:
- Physical Agility Test
- Psychiatric/Psychological Examination (PPE)
- Physical Medical Dental Examination (PMDE)
- Drug Test
- Final Deliberation
Thereafter, oath of the newly recruit Police Officers 1 will immediately take place.
New recruits will undergo Public Safety Basic Recruit Course for six months, and a Field Training Program for another six months and mandatory special training of PNP SCOUT or PNP Special Counter-Insurgency Unit Training Course for 45 days to 5 months to enhance them in militaristic/tactics for future assignment in the field whether in the Striking Force or in the Police Station.
We wish your application to be a success! Start the process and download the PO1 Recruitment form now.
SHARE this article to your friends and family who is interested to apply to the PNP.