This is a guide for Metrobankdirect online registration. If you have an account with Metrobank – ATM or Savings Passbook or Checking Account or Time Deposit in Peso or Foreign Currency denominations – you can enroll all these for online banking access.
Once enrolled, it will be easy for you to check your account balance any time as long as you have internet connection. You can also do other financial transactions like Fund Transfer, Bills Payments, Reorder Checkbook online, Open a New Account, and you can even make Tax Payments right from your Metrobankdirect online access.
Enroll your ATM or Debit Card to MetrobankDirect
*You can also register MBTC issued credit card for Metrobankdirect access. MBTC means Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company.
For new user, it is easy to sign-up for a Metrobankdirect account access. First just go to the bank’s website and then click on ‘Sign up now!’
This welcome page will load and you have to choose whether or not you are enrolling an ATM account or Credit Card. Our sample will be ATM so we will choose ATM and then click on ‘Continue’.
• Your Preferred USER ID which must not contain any special character. Allowed are alphanumeric characters or combination of small letters, big letters, and numbers. No space allowed for username.
• Your ATM Card Number – Check the front of your card, this is the long number. Metrobankdirect requires 19 digit number, if your card number only shows 16 you have to add 3 more zeroes or “000” at the end of your card number.
• Your ATM PIN – it is best to memorize your ATM PIN. And ideally do not use a pin that is easy to guess like birthday and wedding anniversary. Do not share your pin with anyone else unless you really trust a person and you want him or her to have access to your Metrobank ATM.
• Card Holder’s Name which is your name if you are enrolling your own account.
• Salutation choose the one appropriate for you like Mr., Ms., Mrs.
• Your Gender
• Your Date of Birth – you need to follow the correct format example: 07/19/1988
• Your Email Address – Ideally you will register the email address that you regularly check. This way if there are suspicious activity on your Metrobankdirect access, the system will email you and you will be able to investigate right away.
• Your Mobile Number – If you have multiple numbers, register the mobile number that you regularly use.
Once your Metrobank online banking enrollment is approved, you will then receive an activation link and temporary password on the email you registered to the system. Approval usually happens in just a few minutes.
This is the form for enrolling for Metrobank online:
Once done, click on Continue. A new page will load requesting you to recheck all data for accuracy.
If you are 100% sure all details are correct, click on ‘Confirm’.
After clicking on Confirm, a Transaction Acknowledgment page loads advising you to ACTIVATE your account by clicking the activation link sent to your email to complete the account enrollment. Here’s our sample:
You can now follow STEP B instructions to proceed.
CHECK EMAIL FOR THE METROBANKDIRECT ACTIVATION LINK
Login to the email you registered for Metrobankdirect online access. Open the new email you received from Metrobank Direct. The email subject is “Metrobankdirect User Activation”. See this sample email that a depositor will receive:
Click the activation link in blue colored font, you will be required to enter the temporary password. You can find the temporary password in the same email too.
A new page will load detailing the Metrobankdirect Terms and Condition – Click “I AGREE”
One more page will load requiring you to nominate security questions or challenge questions, and their answers. Once done click on ‘SAVE’.
Metrobankdirect will then send you a text message to the registered mobile number indicating your One Time Password or OTP.
Enter the One Time Password (OTP) sent to your registered mobile number.
Once OTP is successfully entered, a new page will open requiring you to change your temporary password.
Change your temporary password.
Once done, you can now login to Metrobankdirect to access your ATM account via online banking. Or you go to this link.
If you have another MBTC account like ATM or Savings passbook or Current account or Time Deposit, you can also register them to your Metrobankdirect online banking access as ‘Own Account’. You can also enroll 3rd party account in Metrobankdirect so you can do transactions like transfer fund.
Hope this helps you register your account for Metrobankdirect personal online banking. Don’t share your password!