Good news for SSS members! The Social Security System is now making it available the Calamity Fund Package for qualified members who were directly affected by Super Typhoon Rolly, Typhoon Quinta and Ulysses this 2020.
Since President Duterte placed the entire Luzon under the state of calamity under Presidential Proclamation Number 1051, SSS members who are Luzon residents or have properties in Luzon affected by the typhoons, may now start filing for Calamity Loan assistance.
Don’t miss this chance, apply asap.
The SSS Calamity Assistance Package
There are three types of Calamity Loan that SSS opens to qualified members:
- Calamity Loan Assistance Program or CLAP – check further below to know the qualifications and requirements.
- Three-months (3) Advance Pension – this is only for those who are already SSS pensioners. The pensioner must visit an SSS branch to apply for this over the counter.
- Direct House Repair and/or Improvement Loan – this if for those SSS members affected by said calamities. A branch visit is required for those who will apply under this particular assistance program.
When To Apply for any of the SSS Calamity Assistance Package?
SSS will start processing applications and availment beginning November 27, 2020 and until February 26, 2021 only, except for the Direct House Repair and Improvement Loan which is up to one (1) year from issuance of the corresponding SSS Circular..
Who are eligible to apply for CLAP or SSS Calamity Loan Assistance Program?
- The SSS member must have his or her own My.SSS account registered in the SSS website. This is because the application filing for CLAP is via online;
- The SSS member must have at least thirty-six (36) monthly contributions, wherein six (6) of these are contributed in the last 12 months before the month of filing for CLAP;
- The SSS member is a resident of a calamity-declared areas and suffered damages or loss to property due to the onslaught of the typhoons. The meaning of “Resident” under the CLAP is an individual with home address or property in a calamity-stricken area;
- The SSS member must not be awarded of any SSS final benefit like permanent total disability or retirement;
- The SSS member must not have any outstanding loan under the Loan Restructuring Program (LRP) or any previous approved CLAP filing;
6. If the SSS member is currently employed, the member must secure a certification from his or her employer for the CLAP application thru My.SSS facility.
SSS LOAN AMOUNT and PAYMENT TERMS
The amount that the member may loan is equivalent to one (1) month salary credit (MSC) which will be based on the average of the last 12 MSC (rounded up to the nearest thousand), or what the member may indicate in the loan, whichever is lower.
The loan must be paid within two (2) years in 24 equal monthly installments.
Loan payment will start on the second month after the date of loan approval.
Refer to this is an infographic from the SSS official Facebook page for an illustration.
Where the loan proceeds will be credited by SSS?
The loan proceeds will be released to the member thru any of the following facilities:
- Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP), Philippine Electronic Fund Transfer System and Operations Network (PESONet) – Participating Banks.
- Through the Unified Multi-Purpose Identification UMID – Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card.
If the UMID-ATM card is activated, the calamity loan proceeds will be automatically deposited by SSS to the account of the member.
3. Through the Union Bank of the Philippines (UBP) Quick Card
The member may apply for the UBP Quick card in an SSS branch with a UBP Kiosk. Take note not all SSS branch has this kiosk. Once card application is done, the account number of the member’s UBP Quick card must be enrolled in the DAEM inside My.SSS account of the member.
FOR SSS PENSIONERS
The 3-Month Advance Pension is open for those currently enjoying SSS retirement, disability and survivor pensioners, including EC disability and survivor pensioners who are residents of the areas declared under calamity by the NDRRMC.
SSS pensioners who currently have loans under the Pension Loan Program ( PLP ) are not qualified to apply for the 3-Month Advance Pension.
Visit an SSS branch to apply for this pensioner calamity assistances.
FOR DIRECT HOUSE REPAIR and/or IMPROVEMENT LOAN
This is for the SSS members who were affected by the aforementioned typhoons.
This is open for SSS members who are employed, self-employed, voluntary, and OFW members, who are residents of NDRMCC declared calamity areas, and wherein the house was destroyed (partial or total) because of the Super Typhoon Rolly, Typhoons Quinta and Ulysses.
For this Direct House Repair and/or Improvement Loan – file your application over the counter at an SSS branch.
More details about the SSS Home Repair and/or Improvement Loan.
The maximum loanable amount under this program is One Million (P1,000.000.00) Pesos subject to repricing every five (5) years.
ELIGIBILITY UNDER HOME REPAIR / IMPROVEMENT
1. The applicant must be an SSS member;
2. The applicant must have a total of at least twenty-four (24) monthly contributions of which three (3) contributions are within the last 12-month period prior to the month of filing of the application;
3. The age of applicant is not more than sixty (60) years old at the time of filing of
4. The applicant has not been previously granted a House Repair and/or Improvement Loan by the SSS;
5. The Applicant has not been granted final SSS benefit nor was refunded SSS contributions; and
6. The applicant and his/her spouse (if applicable) must be up-to-date in the payment of all other existing loan/s with the SSS.
For any question or concern, it is best to call the trunkline of SSS at (632) 920 6401, visit a branch, or contact them via verified channels as seen on the computation screenshot above.
Those planning to apply for the Calamity Loan Assistance Program of SSS, make sure that you are already registered in My.SSS.
Make sure to apply for this special calamity loan programs of SSS as soon as possible. Remember that the deadline of application is February 26, 2021.