This is a great development for our Overseas Filipino Workers. The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) launched an OFW one-stop shop which effectively makes it easier for our modern day heroes to avail the services of the government from SSS to Pag-IBIG to Philhealth, etc.
You can find the OFW One-Stop Service Center (OSSCO) at the ground floor of POEA office in EDSA, Mandaluyong City. They are available Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. On special circumstances the OFW one stop shop office may be available Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays, but this is subject to prior approval by POEA/DOLE.
With the POEA one-stop shop available now, OFWs transport expenses will be lessen, as well as the processing time of their documents will be shorten.
These are the available government services in the POEA office, exclusively for OFWs.
- Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) – Passport Services and Passport Validity Extension for Balik-Manggagawa (BM Vacationing Workers)
- Overseas Welfare Workers Administration (OWWA) – Processing of OWWA Membership/Renewal of Membership
- Technical Education and Skills Development (TESDA) – Assistance for Competency Assessment, Verification of Certificates and Special Order, Assistance for Replacement of National Certificates (NC)/ Certificates of Competency (COC), and Training Assistance and Scholarship Program.
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) – Issuance of Professional License (PRC License)
- Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) -Issuance/ Revalidation of Seaman’s Book
- Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) – Processing of Pag-ibig Membership
- Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PHIC) – Payment of Philhealth Contribution, Member registration and updating of records.
- Social Security System (SSS) – Registration and Membership Data Amendment, Acceptance of Loan and Benefits Claim Applications, Loan Verification and Status, UMID Capturing and Card Releasing, and Response to Queries
- Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) – Processing and Copy Issuance of Certificate of Live Birth, Certificate of Marriage, Certificate of Death, Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)
- Bureau of Immigration (BI) – Departure Clearance Information
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) – Issuance of NBI Clearance
- Commission on Higher Education (CHED) – Verification and Authentication of School Credentials
- Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA) – Travel Tax Payment, Processing of Travel Tax Exemption and Reduced Travel Tax, Response to Queries
- Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) – Documentation of Workers (Landbased and Seabased), Documentation of Workers-On-Leave/Balik-Manggagawa (BM online) Registration of Landbased Worker-Applicants, Verification/Certification of OFW Records, Provision of Legal Assistance, Response to Queries
Soon OFW one-stop services centers will also be established in all the regions of the country. Please watch out for the opening of the regional one-stop service for OFWs.
Here are the contact numbers for POEA (02) 722 1144 or (02) 722 1155. You can also send POEA a message via their email at firstname.lastname@example.org.