Invest only in companies and funds duly licensed and accredited by SEC. Do not fall for investment scams and get rich quick schemes.
In the news lately are dubious ‘investment’ firms which solicit money from the public for investments, which later on turns-out to be scams and Ponzi schemes. In order to better guide the Filipinos who plans to invest, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has released an official list of accredited companies available to the public for investment-purposes.
The companies on this list of SEC are LEGIT!
Be careful in choosing where you will put your money on. If the company you are planning to invest in is NOT listed below, it could be a scam. Be cautious and seek SEC’s assistance as necessary at these contact / telephone numbers (02) 818-6337 or (02) 818-6047 or email SEC at email@example.com.
iSensey will be sharing the list into 3 parts:
First Part: DULY LICENSED AND SEC ACCREDITED MUTUAL FUNDS – For Mutual Fund Investments
Second Part: DULY LICENSED AND SEC ACCREDITED COMPANIES UNDER PHILIPPINE STOCK EXCHANGE – For Equity Investments
Third Part: DULY LICENSED AND SEC ACCREDITED COMPANIES UNDER PHILIPPINE DEALING AND EXCHANGE CORP (PDEX) – For Debt Instruments Investments
First part: MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENTS
These are the only companies / Mutual Funds AUTHORIZED BY SEC to solicit and accepts investments from the public. This list is updated as of June 30, 2019.
The government agency which released this list is the CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND FINANCE DEPARTMENT. As of June 30 2019, there are 71 Mutual Funds on this list.
COMPANIES ACCREDITED FOR MUTUAL FUND – BALANCED FUNDS INVESTMENTS
1. ALFM GROWTH FUND, INC.
2. ATRAM ALPHA OPPORTUNITY FUND, INC.
3. ATRAM DYNAMIC ALLOCATION FUND, INC. (Formerly: OPTIMA BALANCE FUND, INC.)
4. ATRAM PHILIPPINE BALANCED FUND,INC.
5. BAHAY PARI SOLIDARITAS FUND, INC.
6. COCOLIFE DOLLAR FUND BUILDER ( US$ Denominated)
7. FIRST METRO SAVE AND LEARN BALANCED FUND, INC.
8. GREPALIFE BALANCED FUND CORPORATION
9. NCM MUTUAL FUND, INC.
10. ONE WEALTHY NATION FUND, INC.
11. PAMI ASIA BALANCED FUND, INC. (US$ Denominated)
12. PAMI HORIZON FUND, INC. (FORMERLY: GSIS MUTUAL FUND, INC.)
13. PHILAM FUND, INC.
14. SUN LIFE PROSPERITY DOLLAR ADVANTAGE FUND, INC. (US$ Denominated)
15. SUN LIFE OF CANADA PROSPERITY BALANCED FUND, INC.
16. SUN LIFE PROSPERITY DOLLAR WELLSPRING FUND,INC.
17. SUN LIFE PROSPERITY DYNAMIC FUND, INC.
18. SUN LIFE PROSPERITY ACHIEVER FUND 2028, INC.
19. SUN LIFE PROSPERITY ACHIEVER FUND 2038, INC.
20. SUN LIFE PROSPERITY ACHIEVER FUND 2048, INC.
COMPANIES ACCREDITED FOR MUTUAL FUNDS – BOND FUNDS INVESTMENTS
1. ALFM DOLLAR BOND FUND, INC.
2. ALFM EURO BOND FUND, INC.
3. ALFM PESO BOND FUND, INC.
4. ATRAM TOTAL RETURN BOND FUND, INC.
5. ATRAM CORPORATE BOND FUND, INC. ( FORMERLY : PRUDENTIALIFE FIXED INCOME FUND, INC.)
6. COCOLIFE FIXED INCOME FUND, INC.
7. EKKLESIA MUTUAL FUND INC.
8. FIRST METRO SAVE & LEARN DOLLAR BOND FUND, INC.
9. FIRST METRO SAVE AND FIXED INCOME FUND, INC.
10. GREPALIFE DOLLAR BOND FUND CORP.
11. GREPALIFE FIXED INCOME FUND CORPORATION
12. PAMI GLOBAL BOND FUND, INC. (formerly: AIG Global Bond Fund Phils., Inc.)
13. PHILAM BOND FUND, INC.
14. PHILAM DOLLAR BOND FUND, INC.
15. PHILEQUITY DOLLAR INCOME FUND, INC.
16. PHILEQUITY PESO BOND FUND, INC.
17. SOLDIVO BOND FUND, INC.
18. SUN LIFE PROSPERITY DOLLAR ABUNDANCE FUND, INC.
19. SUN LIFE OF CANADA PROSPERITY BOND FUND, INC.
20. SUN LIFE PROSPERITY GS FUND, INC.
COMPANIES ACCREDITED FOR MUTUAL FUNDS – EQUITY FUND INVESTMENTS
1. ATRAM ASIAPLUS EQUITY FUND,INC.
2. TRAM PHILIPPINE EQUITY OPPORTUNITY FUND,INC.
3. CLIMBS SHARE CAPITAL EQUITY INVESTMENT FUND CORPORATION
4. FIRST METRO PHILIPPINE CONSUMER FUND ON MSCI PHILIPPINE , INC.
5. FIRST METRO SAVE & LEARN ASIA FOCUS EQUITY FUND,INC. (US$ Denominated )
6. FIRST METRO SAVE AND LEARN EQUITY FUND INC.
7. MBG EQUITY INVESTMENT FUND, INC.
8. PAMI EQUITY INDEX FUND, INC.
9. PHILAM STRATEGIC GROWTH FUND, INC.
10. PHILEQUITY FUND, INC.
11. PHILEQUITY PSE INDEX FUND, INC.
12. PHILEQUITY STRATEGIC GROWTH FUND, INC.
13. PHILIPPINE STOCK INDEX FUND, INC.
14. SOLDIVO STRATEGIC GROWTH FUND, INC.
15. SUN LIFE OF CANADA PROSPERITY PHILIPPINE EQUITY FUND, INC.
16. SUN LIFE PROSPERITY PHILIPPINE STOCK INDEX FUND, INC.
17. SUN LIFE PROSPERITY WORLD VOYAGER FUND,INC.
18. UNITED FUND, INC.
19 PHILEQUITY MSCI PHILIPPINES INDEX FUND, INC.
COMPANIES ACCREDITED FOR MUTUAL FUNDS – MONEY MARKET INVESTMENTS
1. ALFM MONEY MARKET FUND, INC.
2. PHILAM MANAGED INCOME FUND, INC.
3. SUN LIFE PROSPERITY MONEY MARKET FUND, INC.
4 SUN LIFE PROSPERITY DOLLAR STARTER FUND, INC. 5
5. AIB MONEY MARKET MUTUAL FUND, INC.
6. FIRST METRO SAVE & LEARN MONEY MARKET FUND, INC.
COMPANIES ACCREDITED FOR MUTUAL FUND – EXCHANGE TRADED FUND INVESTMENTS
1. FIRST METRO PHILIPPINE EQUITY EXCHANGE TRADED FUND, INC.
COMPANIES ACCREDITED FOR MUTUAL FUND – DIVIDEND FUND INVESTMENTS
- PHILEQUITY DIVIDEND YIELD FUND, INC
COMPANIES ACCREDITED FOR MUTUAL FUND – FEEDER FUND
1. ALFM GLOBAL MULTI-ASSET FIXED INCOME FUND, INC.
COMPANIES ACCREDITED BUT INACTIVE/DORMANT MUTUAL FUNDS
1. FILIPINO FUND, INC.
2. MAA PRIVILEGE DOLLAR FIXED INCOME FUND, INC.
3. MAA PRIVILEGE EURO FIXED INCOME FUND, INC.
Second Part: List of Accredited Companies under the Philippine Stock Exchange
Check the companies available for investing-in in the PSE or the Philippine Stock Exchange. List is updated as of May 31, 2019.
If you want to go into stock market investment for the first time, take time to check out video guides for stock investment beginners. There are legit brokers who can help you start investing and trading in the Philippine Stock Market.
Third Part: LIST OF ACCREDITED COMPANIES UNDER THE PHILIPPINE DEALING AND EXCHANGE CORP. (PDEX)
These companies listed next are authorized to issue debt linked investments instruments. The public may also invests in the following companies under PDEX. Listed are the company names alongside their respective nature of business updated as of May 31, 2019.
|COMPANIES||NATURE OF BUSINESS|
|8990 HOLDINGS, INC.||REAL ESTATE DEVELOPER|
|ABOITIZ EQUITY VENTURES, INC.||HOLDING FIRM|
|ABOITIZ POWER CORPORATION||ELECTRICITY, ENERGY, POWER & WATER|
|ALSONS CONSOLIDATED RESOURCES, INC.||HOLDING (ELECTRICITY, ENERGY, POWER & WATER|
|AYALA CORPORATION||HOLDING FIRMS|
|AYALA LAND, INC.||PROPERTY|
|BANK OF THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS||BANKS|
|BDO LEASING AND FINANCE, INC.||OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS|
|BDO UNIBANK INC.||BANKS|
|CEBU HOLDINGS, INCORPORATED||PROPERTY|
|CEBU PROPERTY VENTURES AND DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION||PROPERTY|
|CHINA BANKING CORP.||BANKS|
|CYBERZONE PROPERTIES, INC.||REAL ESTATE|
|DOUBLEDRAGON PROPERTIES CORPORATION||REAL ESTATE DEVELOPER|
|EAST WEST BANKING CORP.||BANKS|
|ENERGY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION||ELECTRICITY, ENERGY, POWER & WATER|
|FILINVEST DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION||HOLDING FIRM|
|FILINVEST LAND, INC.||PROPERTY|
|FIRST METRO INVESTMENT CORPORATION||DELISTED|
|GLOBE TELECOM, INC.||TELECOMMUNICATIONS|
|GT CAPITAL HOLDINGS, INC.||HOLDING|
|JG SUMMIT HOLDINGS, INC.||HOLDING FIRMS|
|MANILA ELECTRIC COMPANY||ELECTRICITY, ENERGY, POWER, & WATER|
|METROPOLITAN BANK & TRUST CO.||BANKS|
|NLEX CORPORATION||TOLL WAYS|
|PETRON CORPORATION||ELECTRICITY, ENERGY, POWER, & WATER|
|PHILIPPINE NATIONAL BANK||BANKS|
|PHILIPPINE SAVINGS BANK||BANKS|
|P-H-O-E-N-l-X PETROLEUM PHILIPPINES, INC||ELECTRICITY, ENERGY, POWER, & WATER|
|RIZAL COMMERCIAL BANKING CORP.||BANKS|
|ROBINSONS BANK CORPORATION||BANKS|
|ROCKWELL LAND CORPORATION||PROPERTY|
|SAN MIGUEL BREWERY, INC.||FOOD, BEVERAGE & TOBACCO|
|SAN MIGUEL CORPORATION||HOLDING FIRMS|
|SECURITY BANKN CORPORATION||BANKS|
|SM INVESTMENTS CORPORATION||HOLDING FIRM|
|SM PRIME HOLDINGS, INC.||PROPERTY|
|SMC GLOBAL POWER HOLDINGS CORP|
|SOUTH LUZON TOLLWAY CORPORATION||TOLL WAYS|
|STA. LUCIA LAND, INC.||PROPERTY|
|STI EDUCATION SERVICES GROUP, INC.||EDUCATION|
|UNION BANK OF THE PHILIPPINES||BANKS|
|VISTA LAND & LIFESCAPES, INC.||PROPERTY|
There are lots of legit companies in the Philippines duly licensed by SEC and in possession of the secondary license which allows them to accepts and solicits investments from the public wether via mutual fund investments, equity (stock) investments, debt-linked investments.
Choose to invest in any of these SEC accredited companies. Choose legit not “fly by night”, “too good to be true”, and “get rich quick schemes”.
Choose the Investment you are comfortable with.
Different investment instruments carries different risks and benefits. Seek the help of a duly-licensed Financial Planner if you do not have time to study the various investment options, they will be able to help you decide where and how to allocate your investible funds.
Grow your wealth this 2019 and all throughout 2020 and beyond!