Learn how to cancel recurring payments, preapproved payments, subscription payments set-up in Paypal.
There are goods and services offered online that you can set-up subscription payments on when you first pay for the product.
The advantage of activating subscription payments for a product is that you don’t need to hassle yourself with remembering renewal dates or period expiry dates. Paypal will remember for you, and when the renewal date comes, the Paypal payment system will just automatically process your payment. The system will debit your Paypal account and credit the amount to the Paypal account of the seller. Convenient and hassle-free transaction.
Now, what if you no longer want to continue with your subscription? How do you cancel pre-approved payments in Paypal?
Note: Enlarge pictures below by clicking on it.
CANCEL A SUBSCRIPTION ON PAYPAL NEW DASHBOARD
Find below the steps to cancel subscription payments set-up on the new Paypal dashboard. Same steps to follow for cancelling recurring payments and also installment plan payments.
1.Log in to your Paypal account.
2.Click the gear icon on the upper right side of the screen.
3.Click the clickable button “Payments”.
4. The page ‘Manage Upcoming Payments’ will load, click the “Preapproved payments”.
5.You will now see a list of all Paypal pre-approved payments for your account which can be:
- Automatically billed payments
- Installment plan payments
6. In the list of your pre-approved payments, find the one that you want to cancel. Click it.
Let’s make this as a concrete example, follow the full process of Paypal subscription cancellation.
7. After clicking the subscription that you want to cancel, the details of the subscription will display. Giving you a chance to go over the details of your subscription like subscription date, amount, subscription terms, etc. Check again if you really want to cancel this Paypal recurring payment.
8. If you do want to cancel, click the button “Cancel Subscription”.
9. The cancellation confirmation page of Paypal will load, click “Cancel Subscription” button to confirm. Once done, there is no turning back, you can’t hit the ‘back button’ to stop the process.
10. The next to load is the SUCCESSFUL CANCELLATION page. If you check the sample screenshot below, you will notice that on status it says ‘Cancelled – by Buyer”, because the buyer which is me in the case is the one who initiated and process the subscription payment cancellation in paypal.
*Vendors or sellers can also cancel a subscription of a buyer. Usually this is done if buyer request for help from vendor’s support people to cancel the paypal subscription because buyer doesn’t know how to do it himself.
But since you now know how to cancel preapproved payments in Paypal, you can process cancellation any time. No need to wait for vendor’s support.
Hope this iSensey Paypal tutorial has been of help.
Share this post! 🙂