The Philippine Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) is offering GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP) for qualified dependents of active members. This is a good opportunity for both the member and the dependent who will become a GSEP grantee.
P10,000 subsidy will be given to grantees, which can then help in paying for books, miscellaneous fees, tuition, and more.
Who are qualified to apply for the GSIS Educational Subsidy?
This program is for Active GSIS members who meet the following qualifications:
1. Employment status must be permanent.
2. With Salary Grade 24 and lower, or it’s equivalent.
3. No unpaid or underpaid GSIS loans longer than 3 months.
Who can be nominated to become on of the GESP grantee?
The student must be a dependent of a qualified member, meeting the following criteria:
1. Currently in college.
2. Taking-up 4 or 5 years course.
3. Currently enrolled in a college or university recognized and accredited by CHED; and
4. Does not enjoy any other scholarship or educational subsidy from any private or government agency.
Example: Students who are not qualified to be nominated for the GSEP are CHED scholars, OWWA scholars, SM Foundation scholars, Metrobank scholars, etc..
What Are The Requirements?
For the GSIS Active Member
1. Filled-out GESP application form;
2. Service record or certificate of employment
For the Dependent
1. Copy of Birth Certificate
2. Certificate of Registration of Grades (1st Semester 2019 – 2020 )
Where To Send the Required Documents?
Prepare your documents and submit them as soon as possible. Do not wait for the deadline of application.
1. You may email to email@example.com
2. Visit a GSIS branch in areas under ECQ, put the documents inside the provided Drop Box.
When to apply for the GSIS Educational Subsidy?
Application is ongoing, deadline of submission is September 15, 2020.
For further inquiries or concerns, you may coordinate with the GSIS Corporate Social Advocacies and Public Relations Facilities Department with telephone numbers: (02) 8479-3571 and (02) 8479-3572 and cellphone number 0915-7364175.
You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit any GSIS branch nationwide.