The Philippines Department of Transportation Office of Transportation Security (DOTr – OTS) has issued new rules on baggage under MC No. 005 series of 2019 as the Revised Prohibited Items List, superseding its precursor, MC No. 02 series of 2015.
Please be aware that there are things which you cannot bring for hand carry as you board the plane. In these instances and if you really want to fly with the item, you must check-it in. *Baggage fee is cheapest at the time of ticket booking, then the rates will increase once the flight is paid for and confirmed.
Normally, baggage allowance can be added via Manage Booking tab of Cebu Pacific, or via the Air Asia app. For Philippine Airlines, please visit a PAL branch to add baggage to existing ticket.
LIST OF PROHIBITED ITEMS
We now have the list of items or products which are restricted or prohibited from check-in and hand-carry baggage, as well as items which can be hand-carried only, and items which can be checked-in only. This list is updated as of July 2019.
To avoid delay and inconvenience when you check-in for your flight, make sure to place items accordingly to your hand carry and check-in bag.
Important: Do not to bring prohibited stuff to the airport, they will just be confiscated and may cause delay in getting on your flight.
TOTALLY PROHIBITED FROM FLIGHTS
*Not allowed for hand-carry bag. Not allowed for checked-in bag.
- Blasting Cap
- Corrosive Substances like acid, battery acid, sulfuric acid, vinegar, muriatic acid
- Detonator and Fuse
- Disguised lighters
- Flammable Materials like paint, thinner, lighter refill, butane
- Flares (in any form)
- Fuels including cooking fuel and any flammable liquid fuel
- Gasoline / kerosene / petrol
- Hazardous Materials
- Hoverboards and similar items like balance, wheel, air wheel, solo wheel, mini segway
- Lighter Fluids refills
- Lighters (Disposable & Non-Disposable)
- Mace / Pepper Spray / Tear Gas
- Mines and other explosive military store
- Oxidizing Substance and Organic Peroxide like fertilizer, bleach, sulfur
- Plastic Explosives
- Pyrotechnics including fireworks
- Radioactive Materials (medical or commercial use)
- Replica or imitation explosive devices
- Smoke-generating canisters or cartridges
- Toxic and Infectious Materials like insect / animal repellant spray
Hand-Carry and Check-in Bag Allowed Items
- Crutches/Walking sticks or aids – Allowed into the aircraft’s cabin if carried or used by an elderly, or a person with reduced mobility, or a person with a visible need of such mobility aid. Such items shall be electronically screened and/or physically inspected for anomalies.
- Toy Gun – Unless prohibited in the country of destination / transit points.
Hand-Carry Only Items
- Batteries/Power Banks (e.g. lithium battery) – With special instruction from airlines
Check-in Only Items
- Air Gun
- Air Tank (as diving equipment)
- All metal chains
- Ammunition Shells/Bullets and other component
- Arrow and Dart
- Ax / Hatchet
- Baton sticks / Billy Clubs / Black Jacks / Kubatons
- Billiard Sticks
- Bolt Gun
- Bowling / Billiard Balls
- Box Cutter
- Butterfly knife (Balisong)
- Canned Product (with easy open lids) like sardines, corned beef, beef loaf etc.
- Club / Sticks / Bat / Rods
- Cock Fighting Blade (Tare)
- Component of Guns and Firearm
- Compressed Air Gun
- Cork Screw
- Crew Served Weapons
- Disguised / Improvised Firearms
- Disguised object with sharp edge – like cane / umbrella sword, comb knife, belt knife, card knife (with concealed sharp points or edges)
- Drills / drill bits
- Dumbbells / Hand weight
- Firearm (any caliber)
- Fishing Hook
- Fishing Rods
- Flare Gun
- G.l. wires (alambre)
- Hand cuffs / thumb cuffs
- Harpoon Gun
- Ice skates / Skateboards
- Knife – Unless prohibited in the country of destination / transit points.
- Lacrosse sticks
- Letter / Bottle Opener
- Martial Arts Weapons like Nunchakus, brass / metal knuckles – with special instructions from airlines
- Medical Scalpel
- Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods (e.g. dry ice, lithium battery) – Subject to airline requirements and documentation for handling and packaging.
- Nail Gun
- Nails (construction)
- Nipper / Pusher / Nail file / Nail cutter with knife
- Open razor/razor blade
- Paddles like Boat, Cricket, Kayak / Canoe
- Paintball equipment
- Pellet Gun
- Power drills
- power saws
- Projectile-capable devices like Slingshot, Bow and Arrow, Crossbows, Spear Gun
- Realistic Replicas and imitation firearms
- Retractable tape measure (metal) – Provided that power actuating device / cylinder is removed / detached (refer to airline).
- Saber / Sword
- Saws (including cordless portable
- Ski Poles/Hiking poles
- Stun Gun (all kinds) – Unless prohibited in the country of destination / transit points.
- Tennis / Badminton / Squash rackets
- Throwing / Ninja Star
- Tripod / Monopod
Remember that airlines typically gives 7 kilos of FREE hand-carry bag allowance, your stuff may be placed into two bags – one luggage / backpack and the likes PLUS one small bag like ladies handbag, pouches, laptop bags, etc.
The laptop bag weigh is part of the 7 kilos hand-carry. Do not place your laptop and gadgets in the bag set for check-in. It must be hand-carried.
Cebu pasalubong like dried fish, buwad, danggit, pusit are recommended to be put in a check-in bag. This goes the same with Davao’s durian and marang. The strong odor of these products is not fit for the pressurized air cabin, hence, for check-in recommendation.
Only place bottles and containers with volume 100 ml and below on your hand carry bag. Any container above 100 ml inside your cabin-bag will be confiscated by airport security personnel.
Example: a 200 ml lotion bottle with remaining contents of about 30 ml will still be confiscated, because the bottle is designated to carry 200 ml.
*Peanut butter, mayonaisse, creams, and the like are considered liquids. So put these on your check-in bags.
For travelista you may now bring your tripod, monopods, and selfie check as hand-carry items. Previously, tripods are only allowed for check-in bags.
We hope this post helps you as you get ready for your next trip!
Get details for the latest promo fares, 1 piso fare tickets, and more!
Fly and discover more of the Philippines, Asia, and the World!