Just recently, Google invited AdSense publishers to attend an AdSense Policy Live. It is a learning session organized by the Google AdSense team to again stress the publishers to always keep their accounts in good standing.
The online forum also aimed to remind publishers of the best practices in implementing ads as well as stages of policy violations and how to deal with each stage. These violation notifications and warnings can be on a particular site or the account itself.
Clarifications were also discussed with regards to the lifting of the AdSense policy that only allows three ad units per page.
If you are an AdSense publisher or someone interested to join the AdSense advertising program of Google, watch the video so you will learn first-hand about the ads policies.
Isensey’s Key Learnings from this Google Adsense Live Policy session
- Only use ‘Advertisements‘ or “Sponsored Links” to label the Adsense Ads. Any other label is a violation of GA policy.
- Different Adsense accounts can be used on 1 website.
- No limit on number of ads shown per page but you must make sure the content still reigns supreme on the page.
- Aim always for good user experience on your websites:
- The ad placement must not be deceptive, it should also not confuse the reader between distinguishing which is an ad and which is an actual part of the website.
- There must be no striking visuals the that will unnecessarily highlight your ad example of these are arrows pointing to your ads or deceptive images near your ad with captions ‘click these’ or something similar.
- No ads must be displayed above the fold especially for mobile sites since this will push content further down the page resulting to poor user experience.
- Be mindful of ad placement or where you placed your ad units when you are implementing responsive theme on your website. For responsive sites, it is recommended to use responsive ad units, this way the ad unit will adjust depending on your reader’s gadget.
- Other best practices – please watch the video in full, this way you will learn straight from the Adsense officer in the Adsense Policy Live.
It is very important to stay compliant with all the terms, conditions, and policies of Google AdSense if you want to continue monetizing your website with Google AdSense ads.
It is good practice to regularly log-in to your Google AdSense dashboard to spot check if you have any warnings or notifications, as well as check on the ad optimization recommendations by Google for your websites under the program.
Participation in the Google AdSense program is one of the best way to monetize a website. Adsense really pays and in the Philippines, you can get your GA earnings conveniently via western union or wire transfer.
Let’s keep our GA account in good standing, and may we all have a more productive relationship with Google AdSense for years to come.