What to do if you encounter no dial tone on your PLDT Landline, yet you check you can still use the internet service?
It is always a hassle if a service fails you, especially one you use frequently like phone line and internet. If you encounter issues concerning telecom service, the first step should be to call the company via their hotline number. But what if the problem is the landline phone itself of PLDT, how or where to report the issue?
Call the HOTLINE for Support
You can always whip up your mobile phone and call up PLDT hotline. But the long queue and waiting time before you get to talk to an actual customer service will surely eat your cellphone load big time! So this contacting method is best to be avoided until you have exhausted other options.
PLDT Hotline for landline is 171, for dsl or broadband it’s 172. Call them anywhere in the Philippines for free using a PLDT phone.
At the end of your call, make sure to ask for a ticket number about the ‘dead line’ issue you reported. Jot down the ticket number as you need this in case issue persist and you need to follow-up.
Alternative Options to Report PLDT Issues
So what are the other options in order to reach out to PLDT Customer Service if you have no dial tone? iSensey listed them all up for you.
- Reach out to a friend or family member anywhere in the country, one who have a PLDT landline and request them to call PLDT 171 in your behalf. Make sure to give them the following details: landline account holder’s complete name, billing address, telephone number with the area code, and the date/time you noticed the no dial tone issue.
- If you can’t think of anyone to ask help as in option #1 above, don’t worry you can still reach out to PLDT customer service via the company’s official social media accounts.
- Send them a private message on PLDT Facebook account and give as much details about the issue you are facing. We’ve tested this, PLDT usually replies within 48 hours of reporting via FB message, then a few more days for a technician to come and fix issue.
- Tweet PLDT your concern, give them your landline number and the ‘no dial tone’ issue.
- Email PLDT at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com the details of the issue. If you use this option, it may take a long while before you get a response.
- Good old visit to the closest PLDT branch to report the issue and request for assistance.
Hopefully the no-dial tone inconvenience will be resolved asap so you can use your telephone normally again. But if you did not hear from PLDT 24 to 48 hours after reporting, reach out to them again and quote the ticket number given to you the first time you contacted the company.