Philhealth has good news for pregnant women! If malapit ka ng manganak or you know of one who is about to give birth, you and they may be qualified for the NCP benefit.
Beginning January 5, 2019, qualified Philhealth members may avail of the NEW BORN CARE PACKAGE (NCP) worth P2,950. The new Package Code for this benefit is 99460.
This is a program of Philhealth to take care of the health of the newly born child.
What is the Newborn Care Package?
A PhilHealth benefit package for essential health services of the newborn during the first few days of life. It covers essential newborn care, newborn screening and hearing screening tests.
The following are included in the NCP package:
A. Supplies for Essential Newborn Care (ENC) such as Vitamin K, eye ointment, vaccines for Hepatitis B and BCG
The services for Essential Newborn Care shall include:
1. Immediate drying of the baby;
2. Early skin to skin contact;
3. Timely cord clamping;
4. Non-separation of mother/baby for early breastfeeding initiation;
5. Giving of eye prophylaxis;
6. Vitamin K administration;
7. Weighing of the baby;
8. First dose of hepatitis B Vaccine; and
9. First dose of BCG Vaccine.
B. Professional Fee (Doctor’s Fee)
C. Expanded Newborn Screening Test (ENBS)
The following are the list of disorders included in the Expanded Newborn Screening Test.
- Endocrine Disorder
- Amino Acid Disorder
- Fatty Acid Disorder
- Organic Acid
- Urea Cycle Defect
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Biotinidase Deficiency
*The ENBS test is very important para kung sakali, wag naman sana, na may makitang dipresenya sa sanggol, eto ay maagapan agad.
D. Newborn Hearing Screening Test (NHST)
HOW TO AVAIL Philhealth NCP Benefit?
- The mother or father of the child must be an active member of Philhealth or the parents must meet the required number of premium contributions to avail the NCP.
*The child is a dependent of an active Philhealth member.
- 2. The 45 days of regular benefit limit has not been used up.
Hindi pa ubos ang 45 days regular benefit limit.
- 3. The newborn child must be admitted in a Philhealth accredited facility for at least 24 hours after birth.
- 4. The newborn child must be attended by a Philhealth accredited doctor.
Summary of Documents Required as Attachment to Newborn Care Package Claims
1. Claims Signature Form (CSF) with attached Filter Card Sticker
2. Properly and correctly accomplished Philhealth Membership Registration Form (PMRF)
3. Claim Form 2 — If applicable
4. Statement of Account
5. Result of Newborn Hearing Screening Test — If applicable
6. Newborn Hearing Screening Registry Card (Blue Form) — If applicable, starting June 1, 2019
IMPORTANT: Gagawin ang lahat ng kalakip sa NCP BAGO lumabas sa hospital or lying-in facility ang bagong silang na sangol.
All services of essential newborn care and expanded newborn screening shall be provided prior to discharge. Claims with incomplete ENC and ENBS services shall be denied.
Do not lose the filter card sticker from the newborn screening kit since this needs to be attached to the claim.
It will be the health care institution’s responsibility to submit the claims to Philhealth via electronic means. Pero bago yan, i-verify muna ng hospital or maternity center sa Philhealth if qualified ang magulang ng bata or hindi.
Pag napatunayan na qualified ang magulang ng sanggol, mag-fi-fill-up ang magulang ng PhilHealth Membership Registration Form (PMRF) to update the record at para maisama na as Philhealth ‘dependent’ ang newly-born child.
This Philhealth benefit is effective beginning January 5, 2019. Source is the Philhealth circular.
This government program plus the Expanded Maternity Leave is a big win for mother and child!
Avail the enhanced NCP benefit. Let your child have a good start to a healthy life!