The Office of the President has released the official proclamation regarding the National Holidays of 2017, both for Regular and Special Holidays (working and non-working). From the list of 2017 holidays, we can now see that there are going to be at least 8 long weekends for 2017!
These 8 long weekends in 2017 can even become 9 or 10 if religious holidays Eid’l Fitr 2017 and Eid ul Adha 2017 falls on a Friday or Monday. iSensey will share the official announcement asap once the dates for the celebration of these two Muslim Holidays are known or declared by Malacanang. Please watch out for the announcement sometime June 2017 or July 2017 for the Eid holidays.
2017 LONG WEEKEND LIST Philippines
What are the long weekend 2017 dates? Let the list below serve as your guide. Make advantage of the guide especially if you are booking promo fares. Remember that piso fare promos are usually available months ahead of flight dates, so it’s best to plan your travel dates months in advance too so you can take advantage of airline seat sale once they are available.
- End of Year 2016 to New Year 2017 – Friday to Monday
- December 30, 2016 (Rizal Day is a Regular Holiday)
- December 31, 2016 (Saturday)
- January 1, 2017 (Sunday, New Year’s Day is a Regular Holiday)
- Holy Week 2017 Long Weekend – Thursday to Sunday
- April 13, 2017 (Holy Thursday is a Regular Holiday)
- April 14, 2017 (Good Friday is a Regular Holiday)
- April 15, 2017 (Black Saturday is a Special non-working holiday)
- April 16, 2017 (Easter Sunday is a SUNDAY)
- Labor Day Long Weekend – Saturday to Monday
- April 29, 2017
- April 30, 2017
- May 1, 2017 (Labor Day is a Regular Holiday)
- Independence Day Long Weekend – Saturday to Monday
- June 10, 2017
- June 11, 2017
- June 12, 2017 (Independence Day is a Regular Holiday)
- Ninoy Aquino Day Long Weekend – Saturday to Monday
- August 19, 2017
- August 20, 2017
- August 21, 2017 (Ninoy Aquino Day is a Special Non-working Day)
- National Heroes Day Long Weekend – Saturday to Monday
- August 26, 2017
- August 27, 2017
- August 28, 2017 (National Heroes Day is a Regular Holiday)
- Christmas Day Long Weekend – Saturday to Monday
- December 23, 2017
- December 24, 2017
- December 25, 2017 (Christmas Day is a Regular Holiday)
- Rizal Day to New Year 2018 Long Weekend – Saturday to Monday
- December 30, 2017 (Rizal Day is a Regular Holiday)
- December 31, 2017 (additional special non-working holiday as last day of the year)
- January 1, 2018 (New Year’s Day)
That’s 8 for now! Could become 9 or 10 depending on the Eid Holidays. Watch out for the next announcement!
Do you want to know how are PAY RATES and earnings calculated when a holiday is a REGULAR Holiday and when it is a Special Non-Working Day? iSensey will soon publish details and explanation on Regular and Special Holiday Pay Rate Formula. Watch out for that.
Like and Follow iSensey on Facebook to get the latest updates, guides ,and tips.
SHARE this post!