Info on the current daily minimum wage rate per region and cities as mandated by DOLE through the National Wages and Productivity Commission (NWPC) and Regional Tripartite Wage and Productivity Board (RTWPB).
Different regions have different minimum wage rate for workers. The rates are determined through various factors including current economic condition in the area, type of industry, hired workforce, etc.
This 2016 several regions implemented a new minimum wage as set by NWPC / RTWPB after the approval and effectivity of wage hikes orders.
Should there be a change to wages like an increase or a new wage hike or , iSensey will try our very best to update this article accordingly as fast as we can.
Please share this article in Facebook to those who may need the info shared herein.
MINIMUM WAGE in the PHILIPPINES
Minimum Wage Rate for NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR)
This is the current minimum wage rate for workers in the private sector in NCR as set by the Regional Tripartite Wage and Productivity Board effective May 17, 2016. COLA or Cost of Living Allowance is already factored in the final minimum rate.
Scope of coverage for NCR minimum wage are these cities and municipality: Caloocan, Navotas, Las Piñas, Parañaque, Mandaluyong, Pasay, Makati, Pasig, Manila, Quezon City, Marikina, San Juan, Malabon, Taguig, Muntinlupa, Valenzuela
- Non-Agricultural Sector: ₱491.00
- Agriculture Sector: ₱454.00
- Retail/Service establishment employing 15 workers or less: ₱454.00
- Manufacturing establishment employing regularly less than 10 workers: ₱454.00
Minimum Wage Rate for CORDILLERA ADMINISTRATIVE REGION (CAR)
There are two minimum wage rates effective for provinces under CAR.
SET A: The first one is for Baguio City, La Trinidad, Itogon, Sablan, and Tuba, Benguet (BLIST).
- Non-Agricultural and Retail/Service Sector with 11 employees and above: ₱285
- Agriculture and Retail/Service Sector with 10 workers and below : ₱270.00
- All Industries / Sector: P285
- Microenterprises: P270
SET B: The second one is all other places in the Cordillera Administrative Region aside from those earlier mentioned.
- Non-Agricultural and Retail/Service Sector with 11 employees and above: ₱265
- Agriculture and Retail/Service Sector with 10 workers and below : ₱250.00
- All Industries / Sector: P265
- Microenterprises: P255
Minimum Wage Rate for Region 1 ILOCOS REGION
The new daily minimum wage rate set by the RTWPB for Region 1 covers the provinces of Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan.
Non-Agriculture Sector Region 1
- Non-agriculture Large (Asset size above P100M) – P280
- Non-agriculture Medium (Asset size P15M to P100M) – P265
- Non-agriculture Small (Asset size P3M to P15M) – P252
- Non-agriculture Micro (Asset size up to 3M) – P243
Agriculture Sector Region 1
- Agriculture Plantation – P252
- Agriculture Non-Plantation – P243
Commercial Fishing Sector – P280
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region 2 CAGAYAN VALLEY
This is the new daily minimum wage rate effective this 2016 for the provinces under Cagayan Valley Region which includes Batanes, Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino.
- Agriculture: P280
- Non-agriculture: P300
- Retail/Service Sector employing not more than 10 workers: P260
- Retail / Service Sector employing more than 10 workers: P300
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region 3 CENTRAL LUZON
The current daily minimum rate as of 2016 set by the Regional Tripartite Wage and Productivity Board for Region 3 covers these provinces: Aurora, Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Tarlac, Zambales.
- Non-Agriculture establishments with assets of P30M or more: P364
- Non-Agriculture establishments with assets less than P30M: P357
Above is effective for the provinces of Central Luzon except for Aurora with rate of P313 for Non-Agriculture establishments.
- Agriculture Plantation: P334 (all provinces in R3 except Aurora which is P298)
- Agriculture Non-Plantation: P318 (all provinces in R3 except Aurora which is P286)
- Retail / Service establishments with less than 16 workers: P339 (all provinces in R3 except Aurora with minimum rate for this sector pegged at P248).
- Retail / Service establishments with 16 workers or more: P353
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region 4A CALABARZON
Check this direct link to DOLE website if you want to know the daily minimum rate of cities and municipalities of Calabarzon Region 4A. This is effective this 2016 for Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, and Rizal areas.
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region IVB MIMAROPA
The MIMAROPA Region 4B includes the provinces of Marinduque, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Palawan, Romblon. Check this screenshot for the daily minimum wage effective November 1, 2016.
The daily minimum wage rate set for all mining companies operating in Region IV regardless of location is P285 per day.
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region V BICOL
Included provinces of Region 5: Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Masbate, Sorsogon. The RTWPB Bicol Region has set the following wage as the minimum effective 2016:
- Non-Agriculture Establishment Employing 10 workers or more: P265
- Non-Agriculture Establishment Employing not more than 10 workers: P248
- Non-Agriculture Cottage / Handicraft establishment: P248
- Agriculture: P248
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region 6 WESTERN VISAYAS
The Region VI Western Visayas are comprise of the following provinces: Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo, Negros Occidental and these are the per sector minimum wage per day:
- Non-Agriculture/Industrial/Commercial Employing more than 10 workers: P298.50
- Non-Agriculture/Industrial/Commercial Employing 10 workers and below: P256.50
- Agriculture Plantation: P266.50
- Agriculture Non-Plantation: P256.50
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region 7 CENTRAL VISAYAS
The Central Visayas Region is composed of the provinces of Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental, Siquijor. Region 7 RTWPB sets the following rates as minimum wage per day per class.
CLASS A comprised of the cities of Carcar, Cebu, Danao, Lapulapu, Mandaue, Naga, Talisay and Municipalities of Compostela, Consolacion, Cordova, Liloan, Minglanilla, San Fernando, or Expanded Metro Cebu, the rates are:
- Non-Agriculture: P353
- Agriculture (Non-Sugar): P335
- Agriculture (Sugar): P305
CLASS B comprised of the cities of Toledo, Bogo, and the rest of Municipalities in Cebu Province except Bantayan and Camotes Islands daily minimu wage rate are:
- Non-Agriculture: P320
- Agriculture (Non-Sugar): P305
- Agriculture (Sugar): P290
CLASS C comprised of Tagbilaran City and all municipalities in Bohol Province & Negros Oriental Province, the daily min rate for wages are:
- Non-Agriculture: P310
- Agriculture (Non-Sugar): P290
- Agriculture (Sugar): P290
CLASS D comprised of the Municipalities in Siquijor Province & Municipalities in Bantayan and Camotes, the wage rate minimum per day are:
- Non-Agriculture: P295
- Agriculture (Non-Sugar): P275
- Agriculture (Sugar): P290
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region 8 EASTERN VISAYAS
The provinces composing the Eastern Visayas Region includes Biliran, Eastern Samar, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Northern Samar, Western Samar. Here are the rates:
- Non-Agriculture: P260
- Cottage/Handicraft: P238
- Retail/Service Employing 10 Workers and Below: P235
- Agriculture (Non-Sugar): P241
- Sugar Industry Mills: P262
- Sugar Industry Plantation: P235
- Sugar Industry Non-Plantation: P235
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region 9 ZAMBOANGA PENINSULA
The scope of this directive for the daily minimum wage covers the provinces of Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay. Check the rates below, take note that the 2nd and 3rd tranche of the wage hike for Zamboanga Peninsula areas will be effective come January 2017 and October 2017 respectively.
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region 10 NORTHERN MINDANAO
RTWPB sets the minimum wage per day for Norther Mindanao provinces namely Bukidnon, Camiguin, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental, Misamis Oriental:
Wage Category 1 for Cities of Cagayan de Oro and Iligan, and the Municipalities of Tagaloan, Villanueva, and Jasaan.
- Non-agriculture: P318
- Agriculture: P306
Wage Category II for Cities of Malaybalay, Valencia, Gingoog, El Salvador and Ozamiz, and the Municipalities of Maramag, Quezon, and Manolo Fortich.
- Non-agriculture: P313
- Agriculture: P301
Wage Category III for Cities of Oroquieta and Tangub and the Municipalities of Lugait, Opo and Mambajao; All establishments employing ten (10) workers or less.
- Non-agriculture: P308
- Agriculture: P296
Wage Category IV for all other areas not covered under the above categories for Region X.
- Non-agriculture: P303
- Agriculture: P291
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region 11 DAVAO REGION
These are the latest rate for minimum wage for the Davao Region, for the provinces of Compostela Valley, Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao Oriental.
- Non-Agriculture: P317
- Agriculture: P307
- Retail / Service Employing more than 10 workers: P17
- Retail / Service Employing not more than 10 workers: P286
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region 12 SOCCSKSARGEN
Region XII current minimum wage rate covers the provinces of Cotabato (North Cotabato), Sarangani, South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat.
- Non-Agriculture: P295
- Agriculture/Retail/Service Establishment: P272
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for Region 13 CARAGA
Region XIII or the CARAGA region covers the provinces of Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Dinagat Island and major cities Butuan, Surigao, Bislig, Cabadbaran, Bayugan, Tandag. These are the latest info on current minimum wage per day effective October 1, 2016 under Wage Order No. 14 for this region in Mindanao.
- Non-Agriculture: P280
- Agriculture Plantation: P280
- Agriculture Non-Plantation: P280
- Retail And Service Employing 10 Or Less Workers: P280
- Retail And Service Employing More Than 10 Workers: P280
Daily Minimum Wage Rate for ARMM
The National Wage and Productivity Commission with the RTWPB has set the minimum wage rates in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao. The areas and provinces under ARMM covered by this wage hike order are the Provinces of Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi, Basilan, and City of Lamitan in Basilan and Marawi in Lanao del Sur.
- Non-Agriculture including Manufacturing / Commercial / Academe: P265 per day
- Agriculture Plantation: P255 per day
- Agriculture Non-plantation: P255 per day
For all details including the implementing rules and regulation per wage orders by region, visit the official website at www.nwpc.dole.gov.ph.
The latest Philippines minimum wage increases ordered by the RTWPB has already been factored in the listed regional minimum rate above.