The new improved Postal ID can now be used as a primary ID in transacting with government offices and financial institutions like Western Union outlets, Cebuana Padala, and banks. This is the good news announced by PHLPost or the Philippine Postal Corporation this October 2016.
If the postal ID you have is still the laminated paper or the basic version you cannot use this as a primary ID. But you can always upgrade your old postal ID if you want to have a Primary identification card issued by the Philippine government.
The improved postal ID is a government issued ID which is now accepted for passport application by the DFA as ‘PRIMARY ID’. You can use your company ID as the secondary ID in applying for passport. Improved or Pinahusay na Postal ID application fee is P504.
The validity of the Improved Postal ID is three years so after three years you need to renew. From your application to the delivery of your personal ID this process will take about 15 days for Metro Manila based applicants and about 20 days for those outside Manila.
Once you apply for the new postal ID, you will be given a temporary card which will expire within three months. Before the three months arrive, PHLPost will replace your temporary postal ID to a permanent one. Your permanent postal ID will be delivered to your home address via registered mail.
Requirements to Apply For the Improved Postal ID
- 2 copies of the postal ID application form – fill up the form completely and accurately.
- Proof of Address – this can be utility bill from Meralco, Telecom bill like PLDT, Cignal cable etc, barangay certificate issued within the last 3 months, Certified True Copy of Lease, Certified True Copy of Titles issued by the Land Registration Authority, Certified True Copy Of The Real Estate Tax Receipt, bank statement bearing your address, credit card statement or bill, School billing statement with your address indicated in the statement.
- Submit proof of identity – this can be ANY ONE of the following: NSO birth certificate or local civil registry, GSIS card, SSS UMID card, driver’s license, passport.
*For married women you need to submit an NSO copy of marriage certificate.
Submit ANY TWO of the following supporting documents if you do not have driver’s license, SSS or GSIS ID, NSO or Local Registry Birth Certificate, Passport:
- BIR TIN card
- Baptismal certificate
- Certificate of Birth from the National Commission for Indigenous Peoples (NCIP) for Filipinos belonging to indigenous peopl
- Certificates of Birth from the National Commission for Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) for Muslim Filipinos
- Certificates of Marriage from the NCIP for Filipino belonging to indigenous people
- Certificates of Marriage from the NCMF for Muslim Filipinos
- College or Post-Graduate Transcript of Records with readable dry seal
- Confirmation Certificate
- Elementary or High School Form 137 with readable dry seal for applicants who are 18 years old and below
- Marriage Certificate in SECPA issued by NSO for those male and female married applicants
- Marriage Certificate issued by LCR for those male and female married applicants
- Valid Alumni ID
- Valid Basic Postal ID (paper ID)
- Valid College, School or University ID
- Valid Company ID
- Valid Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- Valid NBI Clearance bearing digitized photo
- Valid OWWA ID
- Valid Pag-Ibig ID
- Valid PhilHealth ID
- Valid PRC ID
- Valid Paper-based Postal ID
- Valid Police Clearance with or without digitized photo
- Valid Seaman’s Book
- Valid Senior Citizen ID
- Valid Tax Identification Number card
- Valid Voter’s ID
Where To Apply For Improved Postal ID
You can apply and submit your requirements for the improved postal ID in any of the postal offices nationwide BUT take note that only select branches of PHLPost has a postal ID capturing machine on-site.
The postal officer will check and evaluate if your submitted requirements are complete. Once determined as complete, the PHLPost’s staff will now advice you to go to the nearest ID capture station so that your photo, fingerprints and signature will be captured. But if the branch you apply in has an ID capturing machine, you can right away complete the whole postal ID application and ID capturing process.
PHLPost also has a capturing post office mall sites which are the following with their indicated schedules:
- Robinson’s Las Pinas from 10 AM to 7 PM Monday to Friday.
- Robinson’s Otis from 10 AM to 7 PM Monday to Friday.
- Robinson’s Iloilo from 10 AM to 7 PM Monday to Friday.
- Robinson’s Cagayan de Oro from 10 AM to 7 PM Tuesday to Friday.
- SM San Fernando from 10 AM to 7 PM Monday to Friday.
- SM North from 10 AM to 6 PM Monday to Saturday.
- SM Manila from 10 AM to 5 PM Monday to Friday.
- Ali Mall Cubao from 10 AM to 7 PM Monday to Friday.
Apply now for the improved postal ID especially if you do not have any primary ID right now. You can also download the postal ID application form online from the PHLPost website.
You can also request for replacement of the lost, stolen or damaged Postal ID card in any post office, subject to compliance to the requirements for replacement and payment of applicable fees and charges.
For questions you can call PHLPost at (0917) 5215373 or (0998) 8847629.
Share this good news!