Know the eligibility requirements and where to get application form if you want to apply for the DOST – SEI scholarship program for undergraduates.
Being a DOST scholar is an honor and privilege that select Filipino students will enjoy. Monthly stipend, tuition benefit, book allowance and more awaits scholarship awardees.
Info on this post updated June 5, 2019.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Natural-born Filipino citizen;
- Poor, talented and deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio- economic status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators (for RA 7687 applicants only, not applicable to SEI-Merit scholarship applicants).
- Member of the STEM Strand senior high school graduating class; OR
Member of the top five percent (5%) of the Non-STEM Strand senior high school graduating class;
- Resident of the municipality for the last 4 years as attested by the barangay chairman (for RA 7687 applicants only, not applicable to SEI-Merit scholarship applicants);
- Of good moral character and in good health;
- and Qualifier of the 2020 S&T Scholarship Examination
IMPORTANT: The following ARE DISQUALIFIED from applying in DOST Scholarship:
- You have earned units in any post-secondary or undergraduate course;
- You have previously taken a DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination;
- You have applied for immigrant status in the USA or any other country.
- a) An awardee must seek admission and enroll at any of the:
a.1 State universities and colleges.
a.2 CHED identified Centers of Excellence (COE) or Centers of Development (COD) for the S&T programs covered under the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarships
a.3 Institutions with FAAP Level III Accreditation
You must also pass the qualifying examination for admission to the university where you plan to enroll in.
For select courses that are only for UP System, ADMU, or DLSU study placement, you must have passed the respective college entrance exam.
Find out here the allowed degrees in DOST scholarship program for undergraduate.
2. An awardee shall comply with the terms of the Scholarship Agreement to be entered into between himself/ herself, parents or legal guardian and the DOST-SEI.
3. After signing the Scholarship Agreement, the awardee’s name shall be included in the lists of scholars needing clearance from DOST-SEI forwarded to the appropriate government agency/ies for tracking purposes.
4. An awardee shall maintain the grade requirements of the scholarship.
5. Scholarship qualifiers who come from the non-STEM Strand, may avail of the scholarship effective the First Semester of AY 2020-2021 as long as they are admitted in any of the S&T programs covered under the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarships in a university that meets the study placement requirement.
The awardees shall be selected on the basis of their performance in the 2020 S&T Undergraduate Scholarship Examination.
Where to get DOST scholarship application form?
Applicants can download the application form from these websites of DOST www.sei.dost.gov.ph. Or you can also visit the Science Education Institute, 2nd Level, Science Heritage Bldg., DOST Compound, General Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City, Metro Manila.
If you reside in the provinces, you can visit any DOST Regional Offices, Provincial Science and Technology Centers (PSTC), or at the Offices of the Congressmen and Senators and request the form from said offices.
The duly filled up form can be filed at the Science Education Institute, or DOST Regional Office / PSTC nearest the applicant’s school or home address.
DOST Examination Coverage
Once you have submitted all required documents and papers, your application will be evaluated. For those who will pass the evaluation, you will receive a mail detailing the exam venue and schedule along with your Test Permit. Or the DOST Test Permit may be mailed to the school principal for distribution to qualified test-takers.
The DOST scholarship examination for 2020 is designed to measure abilities that determine academic and professional success in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The test includes the following domains: Logical Reasoning, Science, Mathematics, English, Mechanical-Technical and a Self-Inventory.
Take note of the application deadline and exam schedule for 2020 DOST Scholarships.
SHARE this opportunity for College Scholarship!