Here now is the much-awaited info for those interested to work in the government as well as government-controlled corporations. The Civil Service Commission (CSC) has announced the date for the first batch of exam for the Pen and Paper Test for 2018.
The Civil Service Exam 2018 – First Batch examination schedule has been released. The 2018 CSE Pen and Paper Test for Professionals and Sub Professionals will be this coming March 18, 2018 at designated CSC testing centers.
Application period for the Philippine Civil Service Exam starts November 16, 2017 to January 31, 2018. Make sure to prepare all requirements so you can take the exam. There is a minimal testing fee.
Usually, CSC conducts two rounds of exam every year. If you miss the first batch exam schedule, you can try your luck on the second batch exam for 2018.
Know more details and requirements to take the CSE Pen and Paper Test. You can also read about the COMEX on that post.
CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION TESTING CENTERS – Pen and Paper Test 2018
- Region 1 – San Fernando City, La Union, Dagupan City, Urdaneta, Vigan City, Laoag City
- Region 2 – Tuguegarao City, Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya, Basco, Batanes, Cauayan City
- Region 3 – San Fernando City (Pampanga), Cabanatuan City, Malolos City, Baler
- Region 4 – Bacoor City, Sta. Cruz (Laguna), Batangas City, Lucena City, Calapan City (Oriental Mindoro)
- Mamburao (Occidental Mindoro), Boac (Marinduque) Odiongan (Romblon)
- Region 5 – Legazpi City, Naga City, Masbate City
- Region 6 - Bacolod City, Iloilo City, Roxas City, San Jose (Antique)
- Region 7 - Cebu City, Dumaguete City, Tagbilaran City
- Region 8 – Tacloban City, Catbalogan City, Borongan City
- Region 9 – Zamboanga City, Pagadian City, Dipolog City
- Region 10 – Cagayan de Oro City
- Region 11 – Davao City, Tagum City
- Region 12 – Cotabato City, Kidapawan City, Koronadal City ,General Santos City
- NCR – (List of National Capital Region Civil Service Exam 2018 testing centers for Pen and Paper Test to be announced at a later date)
- CAR – Baguio City, Tabuk City, Bangued (Abra), Bontoc (Mt. Province)
- CARAGA – Butuan City, San Francisco (Agusan del Sur), Surigao City, Tandag City
- ARMM – Cotabato City, Iligan City, Bongao (Tawi-Tawi)
The schedule of the 2nd batch of Pen and Paper Test is usually August. Watch for the official exam date announcement by the Civil Service Commission.
For those interested to work in Foreign Service as a Foreign Service Officer, the qualifying test is scheduled this coming January 28, 2018.
If you are interested to apply as a FSO, you must submit your requirements in person at any Regional Consular Office of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), or Philippine embassies and consulates abroad until December 1, 2017 or at the DFA-Board of Foreign Service Examinations, Pasay City until December 8. The Foreign Service Officer qualifying test charges an admission fee of P500.
iSensey will update this post for any development for the Civil Service Exam like schedule for the Second Batch.
By the way, some Filipinos are automatically exempted from the CSE and are still eligible to work for the government. You can also check if you are exempted from taking the Civil Service Exam.
As early as now, review for the exam so you have a higher chance of passing the Civil Service test.