CHED is offering college scholarships. Prepare the requirements and apply as soon as possible, the deadline for 2019 is near!
The Student Financial Assistance Programs or STuFAPs, is a scholarship program of the Commission on Higher Education (PhCHED) which gives financial assistance to poor but deserving students who wants to pursue or continue pursuing a college degree.
Those who are qualified beneficiaries of the Student Financial Assistance Programs or STuFAPs will received financial assistance from P6,000 to P30,000.
These are the list of CHED scholarship assistance available for Academic Year 2019 to 2020.
STUDY NOW PAY LATER PLAN
STATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Full Scholarship P30,000
Partial Scholarship P15,000
GRANTS-IN-AID (TULONG DUNONG PROGRAM)
Grants-in-Aid Tulong Dunong Program benefit is per academic year based on tuition and other fees of Higher Education Institutions.
PRIVATE EDUCATION STUDENT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
P15,000 per Academic Year
4 EASY STEPS to Avail of CHED StuFAPs Scholarship
I. Check whether you are qualified to any CHED StuFAPs, per CMO 13, s. 2014
General Qualifications for the CHED StuFAPs
1. You must be a Filipino citizen;
2. You must be a high school graduate; candidate for graduation; with earned units in college; passer of Alternative Learning System (ALS) / Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT);
3. Your parents must have a combined annual gross income NOT EXCEEDING Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 300,000.00)*. This is around max of P25,000 per month combined income for mother and father / guardian(s).
* In highly exceptional cases where income exceeds PhP300,000.00, the CHEDRO StuFAPs Committee shall determine the merits of the application. Example: The combined income of parents is P350,000 but you have 9 other siblings, etc.
4. You must avail of only one CHED scholarship or financial assistance program. Aside from the StuFAPs, CHED offers other scholarships to qualified and deserving students.
5. You must not be a graduate of any degree program.
Those who already have a college degree but wants to take a second course is no longer qualified to apply for the CHED STuFAPs.
Take note that the scholarship applicants will be evaluated by the CHED StuFAP Coordinator in the region.
Aside from the Qualifications listed above, there are documentary requirements that must be submitted.
DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS Academic Requirement
If you are a SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE
• Photocopy of grades in Grade 12
• Original Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) from the Principal
If you are a CANDIDATE FOR GRADUATION IN SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
• Photocopy of Grades in Grade 12 (1st Semester)
• Original Certificate of GWA in Grade 12, in percentage from the Principal (minimum of
75% or its equivalent grade)
• Photocopy of Grades in Grade 11 (1st and 2nd Semesters)
• Original Certificate of GWA in Grade 11, from the Principal (minimum of 75%
or its equivalent grade)
If you are an ALTERNATIVE LEARNING SYSTEM TEST PASSERS
• Photocopy of the Alternative Learning System (ALS) Accreditation
and Equivalency Test Certificate/ Certificate of Rating
(Secondary Level from the Department of Education)
• Photocopy of Diploma from DepEd
If you are a PHILIPPINE EDUCATIONAL PLACEMENT TEST PASSERS
• Photocopy of Certificate of Rating (Secondary Level) from DepEd
• Photocopy of Diploma from DepEd
A. For Children of Non-OFW, any one (1) of the following:
A.1. Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian
A.2. Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
A.3. Certificate of Indigency from the Barangay, Case Study from Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
A.5. Affidavit of No Income
B. For Children of Overseas Filipino Workers and Seafarers
B.1. Latest copy of contract or proof of income
All applicants must also submit a Certificate of good moral character from the last school attended.
II. Check if your course fits in the CHED Priority Courses.
PRIORITY COURSES for StuFAPs
Qualified beneficiaries are DIRECTED to enroll in the following priority courses stufaps
Information Technology and Computing Studies
Information System Management
Bachelor in Library Science
Information System Major in System Analysis
AGRICULTURE AND RELATED FIELDS
BS Food Technology
SCIENCE AND MATH
BS Marine Biology/Science
BS Applied Physics
BS Earth Science
BS Applied Mathematics
BS Statistics/Applied Statistics
ARTS AND HUMANITIES
Creative and Performing Arts
BS Religious Education
SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES
BS Social Work
Guidance and Counselling
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND RELATED COURSES
Business Data Outsourcing
Business Process Outsourcing
TEACHER EDUCATION MAJOR IN
Special Education (SPED)
Physical Education and Sports Science
Bachelor of Physical Education major in School PE
Early Childhood Education
Environmental Planning (for Teachers)
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Bio Chemical Engineering
BS Marine Transportation
BS Development Communication
Others (to be determined by the Region)
III. If you are qualified, accomplish the CHED StuFAPs Application form. Download the scholarship application form for CHED StuFAPs.
IV. Submit the accomplished CHED StuFAPs Application, together with pertinent documentary requirements.
Submit all documents directly to the CHED Regional Office concerned. However take note that applicants who intend to enroll in State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) shall directly submit their application to the concerned SUCs.
CHED Scholarship Application Period deadline is APRIL 30, 2019.
For further information, please contact CHED Office of Student Development and Services.
Office location is 3/F HEDC Building, CP Garcia Avenue, Quezon City with Telephone Number (02) 988 0001. You may also visit CHED Regional Office to inquire about the scholarship.
Good luck on your CHED StuFAP scholarship application!