Application for Jail Officer 1 (REGULAR & ATTRITION QUOTA) for FY 2018 is on-going. Watch out for the 2019 recruitment of BJMP!
BJMP Changing Lives, Building a Safer Nation!
Get to know if you are qualified to apply as Jail Officer and work in the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology.
The following are the QUALIFICATIONS that interested individual must meet if he/she plans to apply in BJMP. Aside from the qualifications, there are also other requirements that must be submitted.
No person shall be appointed as uniformed personnel of the BJMP unless he/she possesses the following minimum qualifications:
- A Citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- A Person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the neuro-psychiatric evaluation, medical examination and drug test for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health;
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution of learning.
In case you are wondering if a person who’s educational background is High school level, high school graduate, or college level, if he/she qualifies or not, sadly the answer is NO, not qualified. Those who wants to become jail officers must be at least a college graduate.
- Must possess the appropriate civil service eligibility;
Check here for more info about Civil Service Requirements and Exams.
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged of dismissal for cause from previous employment;
- Must not have been convicted by final judgement of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
- Must not be less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age. Provided, that a waiver for age requirement shall be automatically granted to applicants belonging to the cultural communities;
- Must be at least one meter and sixty-two centimeters (1.62m) in height for male, and one meter and fifty-seven centimeters (1.57m) for female: provided that a waiver for height requirement shall be granted to applicants belonging to the cultural communities; and
Example of cultural communities are Aeta, Kankanaey, Isneg, Iyaplay, Maranao, T’boli, Mangyan, Molbog, Tagbanwa, etc.. If you belong to cultural communities in the Philippines know that you can get a height waiver and still apply to BJMP.
Those who do not belong to any cultural communities, height waiver will not be issued.
- Must weigh not more or less than five kilograms (5 kgs) from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex.
REQUIREMENTS FOR JO1 APPLICANTS
You will put all papers and docs in one folder.
Region 10 has announced that they are accepting applicant’s folders starting August 2018, they have 200 open slots. If you are not from Region X, reach out to your region’s BJMP Personnel and Records Management Division to ask about their 2019 regular quota and/or attrition quota, as well as deadline of submissions.
- Duly Accomplished Personal Data Sheet form (CS Form No. 212 Revised 2017)
*You can get this from the BJMP Regional Office.
- Two (2) Pieces latest passport size picture with name tag
- Authenticated Transcript of Records
- Authenticated College Diploma
- Birth Certificate issued by PSA
- Original Certificate of Eligibility or Board Rating (Civil Service Professional, RA 1080, Penology Officer & PD 907), we advise that you also bring one photocopy of this document.
- Photocopy of Valid NBI Clearance
- Photocopy of Valid Police Clearance
- Photocopy of Valid Barangay Clearance
- Photocopy of Office of the Prosecutor Clearance, MTC, and RTC.
- Photocopy of Valid Community Tax Certificate or Cedula
- Certificate/s of Previous & Present Employment
- Certificate/s of Seminars/Trainings Completed
- Marriage Certificate issued by PSA (if married)
Isensey advise: BRING ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS but also bring a photocopy of each document when you submit your folder para di na pabalik-balik.
Put all your requirements in one folder. Label the folder with this:
Pertinent Documents for J01 Application
First Name, Last Name, Middle Initial
Example of Applicants folder for submission to BJMP:
For those who meet all qualifications and have complete BJMP JO1 requirements, there are other processes that you must undergo, namely, Preliminary Interview and Assessment, Conduct of Background Investigation, Entry Level Examination, Neuro-Psychiatric Examination, Panel Interview, then there will be a Finalization of the Order of Merit and Announcement of applicants for Medical Evaluation, followed by Physical / Medical Evaluation, Strength and Agility Test (SAT).
The BJMP Board will then undergo final deliberation of applicants to select who will become JO1. Last process is the Oath Taking and Recognition of Appointees as Jail Officer 1.
An Isensey reader has mentioned that Napolcom passers will undergo the same process that everyone else will undergo. Napolcom eligibility certificate is not accepted in BJMP since that certification is only for PNP. Please verify this when you go to BJMP.
BJMP Advises applicants that the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology strictly PROHIBITS any form of gifts or monetary value from its applicants in exchange of favors relative to their application for employment. Please report immediately any BJMP personnel asking and or collecting gifts or money in exchange of favor towards his or her employment application to mobile numbers 0921 740 5555 and 0915 920 0915.
If you qualify, prepare your requirements, and be ready for the initial interview and assessment. Also please prepare to take the Entry-Level Examination (EnLEx). The following comprises the EnLex exam:
- Part I General Information
- Part II Mathematics
- Part III Basic English and Grammar
- Part IV Sentence arrangement and Paragraph completion
- Part V Essay
JO1 Application form and requirements submission and initial evaluation of applicants are normally conducted every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM in regional offices (RO). But we strongly suggest that you contact the BJMP RO that you plan to apply to if they are currently accepting applicant’s folder. This is because different BJMP offices follows different recruitment timeline and deadlines.
If you have concerns or questions about applying to BJMP, you can go directly to the regional offices nationwide, application folders will be submitted via them too.
Serve the country with pride, become a Jail Officer 1! Build a career in BJMP! We hope you will be among those who will become a JO1 under the attrition quota or via the regular quota for 2018 and 2019.
For useful guides, follow iSensey on Facebook. Salamat!